The Marketing Operations Manager (MarkOps Mgr.) works with the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer (CSMO) to focus on two essential strategic business roles: 1) directly (hands on) execute the creative and operational tactics required to increase subscriber identification, acquisition, retention and winback (full funnel).
This requires understanding of tech stack integration: marketing databases, email marketing automation solutions, digital ad placements and tracking performance in order to plan, report, and conduct analyses and 2) Directly produce creative assets; web content & landing pages, graphic designs, memes, short form ad copy, etc.
The MarkOps Mgr. is agile and has a passion for optimization, testing, data, metrics, reporting results as well as the creative skills to develop assets on brand.
- Lead the optimization of our data stack by coordinating vendor partners and internal development team members to promote marketing initiatives.
- Directly produce creative assets; web content & landing pages, graphic designs, memes, brand & ad copy, etc. to meet growth objectives.
- Evaluate trends in digital marketing and automation, web design, publishing and advertising agency industries, assess new data and keep up-to-date with the latest creative artistic and marketing techniques.
- Lead, develop and manage email workflows aligned with our member journey. A/B test creative and optimize for best performance for subscriptions and sales. Peer review content cross team.
- Develop, create, edit & test email sends for sponsored advertisers content. Peer review with team.
- Create, edit and monitor surveys and polls in Wordpress/Facebook Ads . Report on results. Execute other surveys as assigned by the CSMO.
- Work with the marketing team to create and edit content to be used in brand marketing campaigns
- Keep up with marketing operational industry trends, market research, news, or changes that may affect Firefly’s business
- Cultivate the digital environment to encourage users to consume more content.
- Ad-hoc content creation for and maintenance of the company website. Maintain accurate statistics where needed, update team member profiles, and offer recommendations for optimization when changes occur.
- Track campaign and testing performance using Admiral/Google Analytics and report weekly/monthly metrics to CSMO.
- Meet with vendor(s) partners as needed to discuss updates, campaigns, issues, etc.
- Create, design, and implement marketing automation strategies utilizing Zapier to make processes more effective and efficient
- Manage and maintain paid subscriptions programs for existing clients (currently our (4) including sales, pricing, revenue analytics, etc.)
- Paid subscriptions customer support for current clients (refunds, account issues, mug fulfillment, etc.)
- No vaccination requirement
- Bachelor’s degree or bent in technology, marketing, graphic design, or communications
- 3-5 years experience in digital direct marketing, email automation, web page build-out and marketing operations
- A proven acumen for graphic design, copywriting, and application software such as: Adobe Suite, Canva, PowerPoint, Google
- Demonstrated experience in project management software such as Monday.com, Trello, Wrike, etc. Experience with Zaipier is a plus.
- Previous experience in management or demonstrated leadership ability.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a strategic creative thinker and self-starter.
- The ideal candidate for the position has to be a metrics-focused marketer who has an interest in analyzing and understanding data in order to inform marketing decisions
We are a boutique technology services company that equips select digital publishers to maximize their engagement. Comprehensive in scope, we offer reader, subscriber & email acquisition strategies, site optimization, compliance and maintenance, personalized yield management as well as direct advertiser sales.
We also partner with organizations that share a common vision to drive positive cultural change through media. We are the one-stop-shop for connecting publishers, advertisers and visional partners who are eager to impact culture.
We value company culture and hold it to a high standard. For this reason, we try to make work a fun, relaxed, and highly productive environment. Therefore, we offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, dental, and vision plans available for full-time employees
- Flexible PTO for full-time employees
- Volunteer PTO for full-time employees
- 401k + company match for full-time employees
- Modern 30,000 sq. ft. building with an employee lounge, game room, and library
- Casual work environment
- Walking distance to Anthem businesses and restaurants
- Monthly catered lunch for the office