The Business Development Intern is responsible for supporting deep and lasting relationships with advertisers, media agencies and non-profit organizations in order to grow sales opportunities and meet sales goals. Key responsibilities will include supporting advertising opportunities, completion and presentation of insertion orders and facilitation of ad campaign execution across the team.
It will also include reviewing and reporting on performance metrics for existing clients. In this role, you will develop a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics, as well as deepen interpersonal skills. You will also learn to proactively upsell, repeat sell and/or promote company specific opportunities.
- Represent Firefly Professional Services in a positive and professional manner
- Support existing client base for revenue growth and to meet and fulfill customer campaign needs
- Explore research and networking opportunities to find and create business contacts from existing clients
- Assist in managing and scaling a growing book of business
- Submit quotes to customers and negotiate as necessary to secure agreements
- Support the Sales Team in reaching established quarterly and annual sales goals and quotas
- Attend sales meetings and training sessions as directed by management
- Enthusiastically promote and accurately describe the details of our client’s services or products in a knowledgeable manner in order to establish clarity and understanding.
- Work with the sales team to conceive of monthly specials and promos to inspire ad clients to engage in ad campaigns.
- Develop and maintain on a monthly basis a Fact Sheet for the team that enables us all to communicate essential data, facts and updates as one team.
- Initiate and coordinate the direct email process specific to your clients
- Seeking or currently holding bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Economics, Marketing, Management, Business & Entrepreneurship, or similar field with 1+ years of relevant sales or retail experience preferred
- Hunter mentality; exceptional communication, presentation, negotiation, and account management skills
- Proficiency with Google Docs/sheets and MS Office suite
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, plan, and organize sales activity. Experience with a project management system such as Monday or Wrike a plus.
- Strong business work ethic, positive attitude, and professional demeanor
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated with an ability to work as a team member in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
We are a boutique technology services company that equips select digital publishers to maximize their engagement. Comprehensive in scope, we offer reader, subscriber & email acquisition strategies, site optimization, compliance and maintenance, personalized yield management as well as direct advertiser sales.
We also partner with organizations that share a common vision to drive positive cultural change through media. We are the one-stop-shop for connecting publishers, advertisers and visional partners who are eager to impact culture.
We value company culture and hold it to a high standard. For this reason, we try to make work a fun, relaxed, and highly productive environment. Therefore, we offer the following benefits:
- Modern 30,000 sq. ft. building with an employee lounge, game room, and library
- Casual work environment
- Walking distance to Anthem businesses and restaurants
- Monthly catered lunch for the office